South-Town Refrigeration is committed to and built on service excellence. We have over 60 years of experience in the HVAC and Refrigeration industry. The company has been focused on three fundamental strategies: 1. develop and nurture a pool of highly skilled, dedicated employees; 2. Continually embrace new technologies and engineering solutions that save energy and improve management of workspace and production environments; and 3. An ongoing commitment to customer service. With a comprehensive approach we design, engineer, build, install and service our customer’s needs.
South-Town Refrigeration offers a comprehensive benefits package including company paid dental, life and short-term disability; 401k with a guaranteed profit sharing; health insurance with a company HSA match; vacation and holiday pay; on-going training; licensing reimbursement program; a focus on work/life balance and so much more! Come join a team committed to developing employees who take a high level of pride in their work!
The Mechanical Engineer/Estimator is responsible for:
- Design all or parts of refrigeration systems.
- Obtain required information from plans to assemble job estimates.
- Acquire pricing from vendors for jobs being bid.
- Provide bid estimate for jobs.
- Organize prices for salesman to analyze and approve.
- Occasional project management of jobs if workload requires.
- Participate in kick off meeting with construction manager and job site foreman.
- Verify and get information from job sites.
- Help construction foreman with questions.
- Provide project material list to shop manager or parts manager to order.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Refrigeration field.
- HVAC experience a plus.
- Computer skills
- Read & understand blue prints.
- Auto-Cad a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have initiative.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess a strong desire to learn.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills
If you are interested in this position, please send resume to Joe Kurke.
South-Town Refrigeration & Mechanical
6325 Welcome Avenue N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55429
South-Town Refrigeration & Mechanical Mission Statement
South-Town Refrigeration & Mechanical is in the business to supply quality sales and service in the Refrigeration, Heating & Air-Conditioning Industry.
We create and maintain a leadership role by providing our customers with quality workmanship, fast response time and cost savings solutions resulting in long term relationships and sustainable growth.
We are proud of the services we offer, proud of our employees, and proud of our company.